We have four copies left of The Fault in Our Stars by the one and only John Green! Ms. Hamilton feels this is his best book since Looking for Alaska and thinks students will love his latest novel. Check out the book trailer and the interview with John Green below.
The finalists for the National Book Awards 2011 have been announced! Access the complete list by clicking here. All winners will be announced November 15; there will be a special live webcast just for teens–learn more here!
Finalists for the category of Young People’s Literature include:
- Franny Billingsley, Chime
- (Dial Books, an imprint of Penguin Group USA, Inc. )
- Debby Dahl Edwardson, My Name Is Not Easy
- (Marshall Cavendish)
- Thanhha Lai, Inside Out and Back Again
- (Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers)
- Albert Marrin, Flesh and Blood So Cheap: The Triangle Fire and Its Legacy
- (Alfred A. Knopf, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books)
- Lauren Myracle, Shine
- (Amulet Books, an imprint of ABRAMS)
- Gary D. Schmidt, Okay for Now
- (Clarion Books, an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
We are almost ready to begin checking out Kindles to you, our students! If you would like to check out a Kindle, you’ll need to come by and pick up a copy of the student permission/acceptable use form OR download the student permission/acceptable use form and review with your parents (and does require a signature from both you and a legal guardian). Once this form is returned, you’ll be on the waiting list to circulate a Kindle. If there are specific titles you are interested in purchasing, come by and see us as well for a form or download it from the LibGuides page.