The Unquiet Library’s Del.icio.us Link of the Week is Readergirlz http://www.readergirlz.com/manifesta.html . What, you may ask, exactly is Readergirlz? Check out the official “manifesta”!
The official readergirlz Manifesta: what we stand for, what we believe, what we promise YOU:
* Readergirlz is about having serious fun while talking about books with the author and your friends!
* Readergirlz is about getting the inside scoop about why the novel was written, the tears and joys and real-world angst that the author has lived and layered into her story.
* Readergirlz is about reading great books to get to know yourself, your friends, and yes, even your mother, better.
* Readergirlz is about celebrating strong girls in books who’ve got the guts to dream.
* Readergirlz is about reaching out to others based on what you’ve read.
* And most of all, readergirlz is about inspiring girls to make history of their own!
You can visit this website to see the monthly “issue” of Readergirlz. Each “issue” has info on the book of the month, discussion questions for the book of the month, fun activities to do with your friends and fellow readers for the book of the month, photographs, songs, and book discussion chats at the ReaderGirlz My Space page. If you love YA lit and want to find fellow readers with whom you can celebrate your love for books, this website is for you!!!!