iPod, iPod, Pants on Fire?

nano.jpg

WSB-TV and Fox News reported one of the strangest technology stories we have heard in some time:  a Douglasville man escaped serious injury when his iPod Nano burst into flames.

“So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest,” said Danny Williams.

The source of the fire is believed to be the lithium ion batteries in the iPod, the same type of battery that has been the culprit of laptop fires.  Williams believes that the only thing that saved him from serious injury was a piece of glossy paper he just happened to have in his pocket.

You can see the full video story about this strange incident at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14271878/detail.html .

Categories: Technology | Tags: , | 3 Comments

Post navigation

3 thoughts on “iPod, iPod, Pants on Fire?

  1. My favorite quote from this guy ” I looked down and was still listening to music while my pants were on FIRE!!”
    they really should give him an upgrade!!

  2. Hee hee! I was wondering why he happened to have a piece of glossy paper in his pocket! Last I read, Apple had no official comment yet….they definitely should give him a newer and nicer iPod! 🙂

  3. Sky

    Oh my. That’s great. How could you be all calm?! “Oh, yeah, I looked down, and I was on fire. Whoops.” Great.
    An upgrade? Why not offer an ipod alternative, like moving to different batteries for all of their ipods? Does the guy’s warranty cover….ipod explosions?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: