Today marks the beginning of the National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. National Eating Disorders.org identifies the purpose of this week:
NEDAwareness Week is a collective effort of primarily volunteers, eating disorder professionals, health care providers, educators, social workers, and individuals committed to raising awareness of the dangers surrounding eating disorders and the need for early intervention and treatment.
Here are some resources if you or someone you know is suffering from an eating disorder:
- National Eating Disorder.org Resource Page
- The National Eating Disorder.org Help Hotline: Helpline Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Pacific Standard Time: 1-800-931-2237.
- Search our card catalog for a book on an eating disorder
- Our guidance counselors at Creekview High School
- KidsHealth Resource Page on Eating Disorders
- Medline Plus Eating Disorders Information Page
- NIMH Information Page on Eating Disorders