- How do you balance your social life with work?
- Do you reread your books?
- With what character do you identify most?
- Which book did you enjoy writing most?
- How do you use social media?
- How do you get over writer’s block?
- Who are your role models and/or who inspired you to write?
- How do you get ideas for writing?
Zarr answered with honesty and passion in a conversational manner that kept us on the edge of our seats! We gained helpful and fascinating insights into the aspects of book publishing, how book covers are designed (and how most authors have limited input), different strategies for writing, realistic advice and what you might expect if you want to embark on a career as a writer, and what influences an author’s ideas for writing.
What was most striking to me was how conversational and intimate the visit seemed—one might think that a visitation via Skype might not equal a face to face presence, but Sara was so engaging that you felt as though she were in the room with you.
I highly recommend Sara for your next author visit! If you are interested in scheduling a Skype visit with her, please visit this link for more information. Thank you, Sara Zarr, for such a memorable and fun visit!