As many of you know, we are HUGE poetry fans at The Unquiet Library! National Poetry Month is only six weeks away, so why not get pumped off for the celebrations by getting the free Poem Flow app for your iPod or iPhone?
The iTunes store highlights these features on their app preview page for Poem Flow:
Poem Flow puts a poem-of-the-day in the palm of your hand. Each day a new poem happens. When you turn a poem on its side, the text flows in a gentle reading animation. Poem Flow introduces you to poems you haven’t met, and lets you see (and share) old poems anew.
Experience a Poem Flow at:
• Text converts to animation with the turn of your hand.
• Motion + Text + Light = a movie that you watch to read.
• You get a new poem every day from a mix of the greatest poems in English.
• Previous poems persist, building a book on your device.
• Everyone reads the same poem on the same day creating instant, invisible community.
• Geolocation (with permission) reveals where and when a poem was last read.
• Share a Poem Flow with anyone with or without an Apple device.
• You get 20 great poems for free, including a full week of poem-of-the-day.
• Additional poems can be purchased for less than a penny a poem.
• You can learn a poem from a Poem Flow.
• The Academy of American Poets provides context for each poem and poet.
• Great for learning English, and for sharing some of the world’s most beautiful thoughts.
For more about this app, visit: http://www.poemflow.com/about