The long wait is nearly over! We will soon be offering Kindle eReaders for circulation! We will be purchasing the latest generation of Kindle that offers you 3G and wireless access to the ebooks. The Kindles may be used at home or at school. How will the checkouts of Kindles work for you as students?
1. You will need to come by the library to get a checkout permission and information form [see below]—this form will need to be read carefully and then signed by both you and a legal guardian before we can circulate the Kindle to you. Please note that all overdues and fines you may currently have must be cleared before we can loan you a Kindle.
2. Once the form is returned, we will place you on the waiting list as we will be starting with a small pool of the Kindles; we will notify you ASAP through your first period and/or English teacher that the Kindle is ready for you to checkout. Either Ms. Hamilton or Ms. Johnson will give you a quick demo and “get started” one on one tutorial so you feel comfortable and confident using the Kindle. We will also be posting some tutorial videos as needed on our Unquiet Library YouTube Channel.
3. If there are specific titles you want, you can also complete a Kindle Book request form available in the library; we will do our best to accommodate all Kindle book purchase requests for students. You can browse the Kindle ebook store to see if the book you want is available for the library to purchase in Kindle format.
4. The loan period will be for one week.
5. When you return the Kindle, we will ask you to complete a short survey and an optional video interview about your Kindle reading experience. Your input will help us make an informed decision on future Kindle and/or other ereading device purchases!
Questions? Come by the library or email Ms. Hamilton at email@example.com !
*Many thanks to librarian Kathy Parker who has been in invaluable source of information and encouragement in our efforts to roll out Kindles to you, our students!*